“I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way--things I had no words for.”

~ Georgia O'Keeffe

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Quilted Corduroy Hipsters

What could be more plush that quilted corduroy! I have been using corduroy in my creations quite a bit lately, seeing that it IS Winter here in North America. Corduroy is just so warm and cozy! These Hipsters are similar to my last batch of Quilted Hipsters, quilted in the usual manner with batting and a muslin backing. Fully lined with gorgeous designer fabrics and accented with an elegant applique. Luxurious velvet ribbon embellishes two of them. 40 inch straps make them fall just at your hip, depending how tall or short you are. Big and roomy, the perfect carry-all to get you through the winter months. Since I have corduroy on the brain I'm planning to incorporate corduroy into a quilt I'm creating as a Christmas gift. Plaid flannel and corduroy...talk about warm and cozy!! The Hipsters are In da' Shop!

The Bordeaux Hipster. Created with lush burgundy corduroy, quilted with a layer of batting. Amy Butler Grandiflora applique. One large interior pocket and a magnetic snap closure. Lined with Tina Givens Tree Top Fancy.

The Paisley Park Hipster. Created with cool, gray corduroy, quilted with a layer of batting. Accented with black velvet ribbon and a paisley applique created from McKenzie fabric by Dena. One large interior pocket and a magnetic snap closure.

The Ruby Bloom Hipster. Created with deep, dark, chocolate corduroy, quilted with a layer of batting. Accented with velvet ribbon and a Sandi Henderson Ginger Blossom applique. One large interior pocket and a magnetic snap closure. Lined with Catalina fabrics by Laura Berringer.

No comments:

Post a Comment