“I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way--things I had no words for.”

~ Georgia O'Keeffe

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Quilted Hipster

My scraps were getting out of hand, fabric AND batting! I wanted to find a way to put them to good use. It was actually fun dumping out my scrap bin and sorting everything. I had LOTS of small, beautiful pieces of fabric. It was good to see them again and remembering what was originally created with each piece. These Quilted Hipsters are basically little quilts on a strap. I assembled tiny, little quilt sandwiches with batting and backed them with muslin. Quilted with a simple wavy design. I used mostly warm, fall-ish colors to give the Hipsters a cozy vibe. Big and roomy, the perfect Autumn accessory! In the shop!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! The chocolate blush is my favorite. I love it that you found a use for your scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love making these, too! You are right! It is an excellent way to get a handle on all the leftover pieces of fabric and batting!

    ReplyDelete