“I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way--things I had no words for.”

~ Georgia O'Keeffe

Monday, December 13, 2010

Now Entering the World of Knitting!

I'm not a knitter, never even attempted it. My grandmother was not a knitter either, she was a sewer, that probably explains it. Knitting seems to be all the rage these days and I'm thinking it's high time I hop on the bandwagon! I have begun creating accessories for the knitter, now being carried by Balls and Skeins, as mentioned in this post. I have found myself slowly falling in love with yarn, as I have with fabric. There are so many appealing aspects of the fine craft of knitting, portability being hugely tantalizing to me. The thought of balancing my sewing machine on my lap while at family functions just doesn't seem like much fun. Knitting projects can be tossed in a Mama Roux tote and off I go, able to sit anywhere and knit, knit, knit!

My latest creations are these absolutely, fabulous Hanging Circular Knitting Needle Holders! Similar versions out there are made with plain, utility canvas and are quite unattractive. I have created these with gorgeous, designer home decor fabrics. I even created the numbered lables, using a simple but elegant font. Avalable at Balls and Skeins AND the Mama Roux Etsy Shop.






I have a feeling it won't be long until I have another obsession and my fabric collection will need to make room for the yarn collection that will most likely be coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment