“I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way--things I had no words for.”

~ Georgia O'Keeffe

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Inspiration - Crochet


Just look at these colors: gold, green, fuchsia, ivory! I must remember this color combo AND hopefully remember where this image came from. The diamond pattern is unusual but looks fairly do-able. Once I'm finished with the 5, (yes, five!) afghans I'm currently working for Christmas gifts I will concentrate on figuring this one out.

5 comments:

  1. Nina, you could get a Pinterest account and save the image there. If you open the web page that the image is on, you can "pin" the image to one of your boards, and then it'll also save the web page address for you. (I hope I've explained this well!)

    pinterest [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, love those colors! It looks like modified granny squares with some front-loop-only slip stitches perhaps? Love all that texture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's called Bavarian Crochet...looks like one that I found here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=380765.msg4505516#msg4505516
    Really pretty! I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, "Unknown Commenter"! Bavarian Crochet ...can't wait to start a new afghan! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,
    I noticed you were looking for the original source of this photo. It is mine, from my Flickr site, and I would appreciate it if the link could go back to my original (location is http://www.flickr.com/photos/tonyadoughty/2113346230/).
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete