“I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way--things I had no words for.”

~ Georgia O'Keeffe

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A Quilt for Judy


I love this quilt. It makes me feel happy and warm. I made this quilt with lots of love for a wonderful woman to express how much I cherish her presence in my life and in the life of my daughter. She is so very special to our family.


I started with a fat quarter bundle of Lakeside Cottage from the Fat Quarter Shop and mixed in several solids including lots of Kona Bone. The striped binding blends in all the colors of the quilt. The big blocks are called Star of Virginia that I created using this tutorial.

I created the back from a panel that came with the fat quarter bundle. I cut the squares apart and sashed them with the bronze solid.


The quilt matches the colors of Judy's home and is the perfect home accent for the upcoming seasons, Autumn and Winter. I hope this quilt keeps Judy and her doggy, Frasier, warm and snug for years to come.


Our doggy, Jack, gives it his seal of approval!

No comments:

Post a Comment