“I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way--things I had no words for.”

~ Georgia O'Keeffe

Sunday, June 13, 2010

The $10 Hip Pouch, such a deal!





Three weeks into the Wednesday Night Market and I have learned plenty! There is a hugh difference between street fair sales and online sales...HUGE!! While business has been good I have realized that this venue calls for inexpensive items and lots of them. I was happy to see some of higher priced items sell, though I felt I was missing a valuable market...the bargain hunters. (I can totally relate, being a shamless bargain hunter myself). I decided to create a simple, stylish bag that was quick to assemble and required few materials...The $10 Hip Pouch! I'm using fabrics that I have an abundance of and some of the fabrics that have been waiting patiently to be put to use. I made seven Hip Pouches in one evening and plan to make as many of them as I can before next Wednesday. I will hang a big gaudy sign advertishing the $10 Hip Pouch to attract those respected bargain hunters and get 'em in the door. Who knows, if they are well received I might list a few in my Etsy shop...I think there might be a few bargain hunters out there online, as well! (wink, wink).

1 comment:

  1. They look great~ it will be fun to hear how they do for you! It's always an experiment for each market!

    ReplyDelete