“I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way--things I had no words for.”

~ Georgia O'Keeffe

Friday, June 11, 2010

Cool Chick Spotlight: Alice Russell


Alice Russell, a recent discovery of mine, is a British soul singer whose single High Up On a Hook roused me to learn more about this blond-haired blue-eyed lass.

One listen to Alice's voice will send shivers down your spine and leave goosebumps on your neck. Alice's lavishly soulful voice is both timeless and up to the minute modern. She always performs with her trademark self assurance and sass. Although her style is predominately bluesy and soul lament it also encompasses everything from funk to gospel to jazz and beyond. (from her website)

"It hits you in the right place and you think 'Yeah, baby, I like it like that!' That gospel is wicked, isn't it?"
- Alice Russell

Yes it is, sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment