“I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way--things I had no words for.”

~ Georgia O'Keeffe

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Step into my garden.




So, as promised, I planted a few more barrels of greens. I went a little overboard, imagine that, so unlike me! I think I was inspired by a cookbook I unearthed from my collection. I dug it out, blew the dust off and now have it displayed on my kitchen counter at the moment. It looks so appealing there, just waiting to be opened and used. Some wholesome inspiration. Let's see, we have assorted lettuces, kales, radicchio, arugula and more Swiss chard. All so healthfull! I'm just doing my part to help keep my husband's prostate well and happy! (tee hee!) I'm very pro-Cruciferous, baby! Now if I can just keep the snails and bugs away from my little soldiers so they grow big and strong. I will then chop off their heads and toss them into a sizzling pan and...well, you know the rest!

"A cauliflower is a cabbage with a college education" - Mark Twain

One Mint Julip - Ray Charles

No comments:

Post a Comment