“I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way--things I had no words for.”

~ Georgia O'Keeffe

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Alone with a pile of fabric.


I just had to show you this sweet picture of my little Muffin!

Here are a few more quilt tops I have been working on. I hope to complete the backs to these two and the Baboo quilt so that I can prepare the quilt sandwiches (top, batting, backing). I will then attempt machine quilting for the first time! I am really looking forward to it as I have read up on the technique and watched several web tutorials so I feel ready to take the plunge. I am holding off from starting any new quilts until I finish these three. I have so many new ideas swirling about in my head just waiting to jump out. I never understood how sewing could become addictive but now I get it. What a luxury to have all day just to sew and create...without interruption. A little Sting in the background, a lavender candle burning and a huge pile of colorful fabric! Oh, the things I would do...a girl can dream, can't she?

No comments:

Post a Comment