“I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way--things I had no words for.”

~ Georgia O'Keeffe

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Mmmmmm...fabric!


I must admit that I'm a fabric geek. I love wandering through a fabric store fondling the calicos, the flannels, the muslins, all the while creating projects in my head. Notions are like jewlery to me. You can never have enough thread, ribbon, or buttons, in my opinion. My wonderful husband bought me a fancy new sewing machine a few weeks ago and I am anxious to start sewing. First, I must take a class to learn how to operate this fancy machine and then I must stock up on fabric. Oh, wait, I already did that! I placed a sizable order online a few days ago and today it arrived. Aren't they spectacular? I better stop fondling the fabric bundles and start planning which project I will start with...hmmm...pillow, tea towel, tote bag, belt, scarf, quilt...so hard to decide!. Maybe I'll just roll around on the pile of fabric a little while longer ....mmmmm....fabric!

Thoughts of Sewing: "Buttons and patches and the cold wind blowing, the days pass quickly when I am sewing" - Unknown

Tune to sew by: The Battle of Evermore - Led Zeppelin, IV


No comments:

Post a Comment