“I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way--things I had no words for.”

~ Georgia O'Keeffe

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Baboo Quilt


Baboo wants a new quilt. She's changing her room at her dad's house to lavender and a new quilt is essential. We have been picking out fabric for a few weeks now, an assortment of periwinkles, pinks, black and whites. It's just all so pretty! I plan to make the quilt using different kinds of blocks and some traditional patchwork. I need practice! I have never machine quilted before so it will be a learning experience. I hope she wants to take turns at the machine as well. If there is enough fabric I will also make a couple of pillow shams for her lovely little head to rest. My little Baboo.

Wise words: "Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony." - Mahatma Gandhi

Listen closely: Lovley Head - Goldfrapp

1 comment:

  1. Hey there! It's Tammie. I love your blog!!! That is wonderful that you started this and you are so great at writing! I found myself getting excited about starting up a sewing project and yet I have no where to do it! ha ha ha.... Good for you for getting this up and running. It looks great and I look forward to reading more. I'm excited to see the finished quilt! I'm hoping in the next couple of weeks for Eliza to get with Mimi to get started on her room. Take care!

    ReplyDelete