“I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way--things I had no words for.”

~ Georgia O'Keeffe

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Back to the Drawing Board



This bag was originally going to be my new design for a large tote for the shop. It was completed a few weeks ago during my zipper melt-down period. It was a lot of work and I don't think I'll be making another, so back to the drawing board for something more manageable. I purposely allowed my 19 year old daughter, Eliza, to choose the fabrics just in case I decided not to feature it in the shop. Lucky for her it is now hers. I wanted to create a large bag with a sturdy, heavy duty zipper that could be used as a  gym bag, overnight bag, diaper bag or book bag. I just need to make a few changes to the overall design and the zipper installation, now that I am more confident in the zipper department.

I love the fabric combo and plan to use it again with my new design. The two fabrics in the front and back are from Anna Maria Horner's newest line, Field Study. The side panel is from her Innocent Crush line and the Zipper panel is Paula Prass Botanika. I always use heavy cotton canvas for the lining and straps in my bags which makes them very sturdy. I hope to have a revised design very soon. I'm excited to get some large bags in the shop!






No comments:

Post a Comment