“I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way--things I had no words for.”

~ Georgia O'Keeffe

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

I'm Back in the Saddle

Wow! It feels awesome to get back to sewing, blogging and just all things crafty and creative. I've freshened up the look of my blog and added a few things to my long neglected shop. I'm focusing mainly on Quilts, Knitting Needle Holders and Bags right now but may expand to Home Accents  (Dish Towels, Pillows, Valances, etc...) in the future.

Take a look at a few of my newest creations...quilting, oh how I've missed you!!



Created with Kate Spain's Central Park as the main fabric and then I tossed in an assortment of designer voile, home dec and quilting cottons in purples, greens, golds and oranges. Backed with cozy Kaufman flannel in lavender.



I love the bold colors in Laurie Wisburn's fabrics and those little dogs are just so cute in the back of the pickups. Once I gathered the assorted fabrics I wanted to include I realized that most of them were from various Denyse Schmidt lines. Her blues were just the perfect shade so it gave this quilt a bit of a vintagy feel. The addition of County Fair canvas adds to the heft of the quilt. Backed with Kaufman sky blue flannel.



How sweet and precious is this quilt and pillow set?  Perfect for a little princess! I used Paula Prass Botanica as the main fabric then surrounded it with lots of pinks, greens, lavenders and golds. Backed with Kaufman flannel in soft pink.



The focus of this quilt is Zebras!  The bright green background really makes those zebras pop! The fabric is from Pink Light Design, Menagerie line. Backed with Kaufman dotted flannel and bound with a wild zebra stripe, of course!



October Afternoon, Fly a Kite charm squares, Sandi Henderson Meadowsweet and a few Denyse Schmidt tidbits thrown in create a precious quilt with a down-home county feel. Stroller sized, (39"x31") perfect for on the go, the bassinet or as an accent for the crib. Backed with Kaufman flannel in pale yellow and bound with some sassy Flea Market Fancy.

I hope you will stop by the Mama Roux shop to see even more of my most recent creations.
It's good to be back!


2 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Hope all is well with you. Missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pickup quilt is adorable! The strawberry stroller quilt is super cute too- the colors are great together!

    ReplyDelete