“I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way--things I had no words for.”

~ Georgia O'Keeffe

Friday, November 4, 2011

Another Random Patchwork Quilt, Brandied Pear

I have an infatuation with Sandi Henderson's Meadowsweet II fabric line. It shows up in many of my creations. I started a quilt about a year ago (blogged here) and then stashed it away and forgot about it. Thankfully, I organized my studio a few weeks ago and stumbled upon the "disappearing nine patch" blocks. Ok, I was not really wanting to work on a traditional "dnp" quilt (been there, done that) so I decided to create a random patchwork incorporating the existing squares. I LOVE how it turned out.

Random Patchwork Quilt
56" x 62"
I was able to use lots of fabric bits from my huge scrap stash. Look closely and you'll see lots of old favorites: Chocolate Lollipop. Midwest Modern, Belle, Lotus, Meadowsweet, Hope Valley, County Fair, Drawing Room, Good Folks, etc... and several new favorites, as well.

I was a bit unsure about what binding to use with this cheeky quilt. I considered a dark solid, a black and white checked, but then I pulled out my yard of Ty Pennington's Papercut in Chartreuse and it just popped against all the pinks. The bright white and bold chartreuse brings out the hint of green in the quilt and adds a bit of elegance. Perfect!



Brandied Pear, large Random Patchwork Quilt. This gorgeous quilt will brighten your day! Created with a wide variety of awesome designer fabrics in a random patchwork design. Backed with Kona Bone and more of the same fabrics. Bound with Ty Pennington's decorator weight Papercut in Chartruese. Batting is Cotton Warm and White. Machine quilted in my "random wave" design. Washed with mild soap and tumbled dry for that crinkly, soft touch. Measures 56" x 62". Perfect for adding a sassy touch to the couch, bedroom or as a twin bed coverlet in a little girls room!

No comments:

Post a Comment