“I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way--things I had no words for.”

~ Georgia O'Keeffe

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Forgotton Finds

I completely organized, cleaned and rearranged my studio over the weekend and boy was I surprised at some of the things I found. I came across several piles of quilt blocks I had worked on months and months (and months) ago with much enthusiasm and excitement at the time, only to be tossed in a drawer and forgotten about. Well, my enthusiasm and excitement came rushing back when I found this stack of "disappearing nine patch" blocks.

How gorgeous are these fabrics? I'm so enthused that I have hung a makeshift design board in my hallway to get these blocks arranged for a quilt top!

Back when Sandi Henderson's Meadowsweet II came out I fell in love with all of the juicy shades and decided to mix in some Anna Maria Horner's Good Folks, Chocolate Lollipop and a dash of Amy Butler's Midwestern Modern.

I'm thinking I might sash these blocks with a very neutral fabric so the blocks really stand out, ...stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment