“I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way--things I had no words for.”

~ Georgia O'Keeffe

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A Monochromatic Challenge

Project Modern

The Modern Quilt Guild loves to challenge quilters to use their imaginations to create new designs with modern inspirations. I consider myself a "modern" quilter. I am not partial to the old style of quilts with lots of tiny pieces that take months to complete. I do think they're beautiful and I love the history behind vintage quilts but I do not have the patience to work with all of those tiny pieces of fabric. Patience is a virtue I just don't have time for, ya know? I like bold colors and pieces large enough to promote the style and essence of the fabrics. I say "let the fabrics do most of the work"!

The Guild is hosting a Monochromatic Challenge: "Design and make a quilt that is monochromatic. Create interest, life and energy in a quilt by using tints, shades and tones of a single color". I love it! I'm going to add this challenge to my list, like I need more things added to my list. I'm intrigued and inspired by this challenge. I'm not committing just yet but I'm going to roll it around my head for a few days and see what happens, like I need more things rolling around in my head!

No comments:

Post a Comment