“I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way--things I had no words for.”

~ Georgia O'Keeffe

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Thrifty Finds

Diamonds in the rough
McCoy pottery
All polished up
I love "thrifting", always have. It wasn't until recently that I learned of the term. I just called it "hunting for cool, old stuff". Once I entered blog-land I discovered many more thrifters out there who share their thrifty finds on their blogs... hey, I want to do that too. So, here are my lastest finds. Driving home from work on Friday I stumbled upon a Vintage Yard Sale! Had my husband been in the car with me at the time he would have promptly spouted "just keep driving, honey, look away, look away!". But I was alone, so a U-turn I did flip! I only had $15 in cash on me (a mere fortune to this mother of a teenager, I was surprised I had ANY cash). As I entered the sale the lady said "if you see something you like, make an offer"...oh boy! I could have spent a lot more than $15 dollars at that sale, but I gathered up several treasures and made an offer...fifteen dollars?...SOLD! Yippee!!

No comments:

Post a Comment