“I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way--things I had no words for.”

~ Georgia O'Keeffe

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Sassy Zipper Pouches! (aka: my love/hate relationship with zippers)


I have made a few zipper pouches in the past in order to hone my zipper skills. No matter how many pouches I made I still was not getting the whole zipper thang, there had to be an easier way! I had purchased a whole bunch of colorful zippers with good intentions of practicing and practicing and practicing until I had it down but I'd get frustrated with the results and throw the project across the room in a huff, vowing never to attempt zipper installation ever, ever again...and the rest of my zippers sat at the bottom of my drawer forgotten and unloved. A whole year later I had recovered enough to consider revisiting those sad little zippers to see if I had grown stronger and more resistant to zipper failure. I referenced several online tutorials but just found them confusing so I trudged on, figured out where I was making my mistakes, created a few prototypes and in the end created my own pattern for a fool-proof zipper pouch, so there! I was so excited that I had finally conquered the zipper that I went ahead and used all of those neglected zippers to create a bunch of sassy Zipper Pouches for my Etsy shop, yeah!





Only $15.00 each!

The perfect gift for Teacher or that special friend that listens to you whine on and on about how much you hate zippers!




No comments:

Post a Comment