“I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way--things I had no words for.”

~ Georgia O'Keeffe

Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Lumberjack Quilt

FINALLY, finally, I finished our son's quilt. It was meant to be a Christmas present from 2009. The 3 girls got theirs last year (yes, one was late) and today I was able to give him his. Whew! I knew exactly what I wanted to create for him. It needed to have a rugged, and manly vibe, as he's a rugged and manly guy! He loves the outdoors and goes camping quite often so I thought an assortment plaid flannel would be cozy, kind of like a sleeping bag. I also incorporated some heavy corduroy to add some heft. The back is a twin flannel sheet with a few strips of plaid patchwork. I kept the pattern and quilting very simple and then bound it with black Kona cotton. I call it The Lumberjack Quilt. It measures 54 x 66. He loved it, thank goodness! My husband loved it, too, and asked if I could make one for him...he can expect to see his in about 13 months...I'm running a little behind these days!





No comments:

Post a Comment