“I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way--things I had no words for.”

~ Georgia O'Keeffe

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Disco Soiree Quilt


 Oh my, this was a fun quilt to make! It wasn't until I was finished with the quilt top that I felt the disco vibe. Then the natural pairing of Amy Butler's Disco Flower on the back was just too perfect! Of course I had to get a little cheeky in my Etsy shop description, quoting from ABBA's Dancing Queen. I was so tickled, I knew I got the somethin' that makes me wanna shout, and jump back and kiss myself!





Disco Soiree, Lap Size Patchwork Quilt,. This delightful quilt will make you dance and jive and have the time of your life! You'll feel the beat of the tamborine! Created with a wide variety of awesome designer fabrics in a traditional patchwork pattern but in a kaleidoscope design. Whimsical butterfly adorns the center square. Backed with Amy Butler's Disco Flower and a bit of Jennifer Paganelli. Bound with Paula Prass Summer Soiree polka dot. Batting is Cotton Warm and Natural. Machine quilted in my random meandering design. Measures 55" x 48". Perfect for adding a sassy touch to the couch, bedroom or as a twin bed coverlet in a little girls room!


Dance on over to my Mama Roux Etsy Shop for more funky quilts!

1 comment: