“I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way--things I had no words for.”

~ Georgia O'Keeffe

Friday, February 15, 2013

Urban Zoo Baby Quilt



Every now and then I just get the twinge to whip up some sweet little baby quilts. A few days ago I happened to eye my grey Zoology fabric up against some of the grey and gold Echo fabrics by Lotta Jansdotter and a lightbulb went off. I basically stopped what I was doing, pulled those fabrics out along with a few others that I thought would go nicely and I was off to my cutting table to get down to business. By the next day the quilt was finished, a small stroller-sized quilt, measuring 36" x 25", perfect as a small nap time quilt or for on the go. I have to tell ya, I LOVE these small quilts. When inspiration strikes it's best to get out of my way and just let me go.





Since I was on a roll I got out some of my Domestic Bliss charm squares and I was at it again, another sweet, little, baby quilt in the works...



Urban Zoo Baby Quilt in the Shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment