“I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way--things I had no words for.”

~ Georgia O'Keeffe

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

An Evening With Anna Maria Horner

Last week I spent an evening with Anna Maria Horner...oh yeah...uh huh...that's right! When I heard she would be speaking at Meissner in Sacramento, CA, just a hop, skip and a jump from home, I knew I must make the effort to attend her Meet & Greet/Lecture/Trunk Show. I swear, I'm such a geek, I showed up early, claimed a front row center spot and practically peed my pants waiting for her talk to begin. She was just as lovely as I had imagined. Adorable, sweet and totally down to earth. A slide show accompanied her as she enlightened us on her beginnings, her creative process and her philosophy of her profession. A true blue gal, indeed!

She shared with us a few of her gorgeous quilts to show some of the different techniques uses and she gave us a peek of her newest fabric line, Field Study, which is due in May 2012, sooo exciting!



I picked up a Voile Scarf Kit and a packet of her Embroidery Floss AND I won one of the door prizes, a TrueCut Rotary Blade Sharpener, yippee!



So, I met Anna Maria Horner...I can now scratch THAT off my Bucket List (happy sigh)!

2 comments:

  1. I was so sad that I was late in signing up for her bag class in LA, so I missed out on meeting her! So bummed about that. It must have been an amazing night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun for you! And now you have even more inspiration, right?

    ReplyDelete