“I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way--things I had no words for.”

~ Georgia O'Keeffe

Monday, February 27, 2012

An Afghan for Lucca

I finally finished the three small Afghans for my three little grandsons. Since I'm fairly new to crochet they all have quaint little "quirks" about them, signs of a beginner crocheter! Lucca's afghan seemed to have turned out a bit more symmetrical than the other two so it is the one I'm showing. I used a half double crochet and basic acrylic yarn (Vanna's Choice), since it's sturdy, washable and should withstand the abuse of wild little boys! I used different colors for each afghan and finished them with a scalloped edging.


I had the brilliant idea to add the boys names to each one and started (and ended) with Lucca's. I attempted to couch freehand and this is what I ended up with. It's way harder than I had expected.

I'll just tell Lucca that I was nipping at the cooking sherry while working on his name...it looks like the work of someone that's been hittin' the hooch! I decided that I will forgo adding the other names until I have practiced a bit...and stopped nipping at the cooking sherry!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! What size are they? And how long did it take you?

    ReplyDelete