“I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way--things I had no words for.”

~ Georgia O'Keeffe

Friday, March 4, 2011

Pink Topaz Quilt

I really need to spend more time making quilts. I have thoroughly enjoyed making the last two quilts and I've decided that once I finish a quilt I will start another one in order to have a continual stream of quilts for the shop. The Pink Topaz quilt was started months ago, inspired by my Pink Topaz Quilted Hipster. I love the look of pink and gold together, it's just so regal and sassy at the same time. This is my first "random patchwork" quilt. There was almost no measuring, no sashing, no plan to follow. I just allowed the quilt to create itself as I randomly sewed fabrics together. It was a nice break form my usual style of quilting, involving blocks. It's a wonderful way to use up those larger scraps. I will be making many more "random patchwork" quilts as I have a mountain of scraps packed away in my closet. It will be nice to see some of those fabrics I used oh so long ago and finally give them a proper home. (Speaking of scraps, did anyone catch the Fat Quarterly issue #2, titled "Scraps"? I purchased the issue simply for all of the Scrap ideas. Well worth the price, just sayin'!!)




Pink Topaz Quilt. This gorgeous quilt will brighten your day! Created with a multitude of designer fabrics in a random patchwork design. Backed with more of the same fabrics. Bound with a groovy, mod polka dot. Batting is 100% Warm and Natural. Machine stippled. Washed with a mild soap and tumbled dry for that crinkly, soft touch. Measures 55" x 38". Perfect for adding a little ZING to the couch, bedroom or nursery!

In the Mama Roux shop!


No comments:

Post a Comment