“I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way--things I had no words for.”

~ Georgia O'Keeffe

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My Quilt Blocks

I've finished my blocks for the Quilt Story Block Party. Here they are...


TRADITIONAL
Dusky Log Cabin



I went with one of my favorite type of block, the good old Log Cabin. I chose fabrics that had a vintage vibe and muted colors so to stay true to the "traditional" theme.


MODERN
Mirror Image


This block is created with bright and happy fabric from the new Darjeeling line. A new block design for me. I'll be making a tablerunner with this block and more just like it with different fabrics from the same line.


CREATIVE
Persimmon Tree

Persimmon trees are gorgeous when all the leaves have fallen and just the fruit remains. I used Laura Gunn's Lantern Bloom for the persimmon appliques and framed it with Chinese Take-Out and Flower Power fabrics I thought it would make a beautiful pillow with an Asian flair!


Check out all the other beautiful blocks at the party, click HERE!



Fresh Poppy Design

3 comments:

  1. I love all of those! I can't tell from the photo -- is the tree trunk stiching? Regardless, it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! You have made really beautiful blocks! I love all the blue colous and also the tree is very unique and lovely!
    Sunny wishes from Crete! Teje

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your blocks. The blue one with all the pieces is my favorite! Thanks for linking to our block party!

    ReplyDelete