“I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way--things I had no words for.”

~ Georgia O'Keeffe

Monday, February 28, 2011

A Disney Inspired Quilt

Another commissioned quilt! This quilt is for a baby girl whose nursery will be decorated in the theme of Mickey and Minnie. I wanted to make the quilt as tasteful as possible without it looking too commercial. I made the appliques myself, simply taking a silhouette image and tracing onto black Kona and attaching with fusible web. I then stitched around the appliques. I used red and black polka dotted fabric in large and small dots. The solid fabrics are kona black, red, white and buttercup. Quilted in a loop de loop/meandering pattern. Measures 40" x 50", a medium crib sized quilt. This was definitely a fun quilt to create.




8 comments:

  1. Very cleverly done! I love the fact it screams minnie and mickey without being commercial

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you hinted at Mickey and Minnie on the blocks. Your choice of colors and dots is perfect. I see this little one enjoying their quilt for ages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love, love, love it!! Thanks so much Nina for this beautiful creation. My baby cousin Harley will just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you by chance have a picture of the whole quilt completed. It's beautiful!
    (snsummers@comcast.net)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was also wondering if you have a picture of the whole quilt (front and back) or perhaps a pattern available for this quilt. I've been looking a a Disney quilt to adapt for a signature quilt for quite a while and I absolutely love this design. It's very classy and not obnoxiously Disney. My email is hchastain524@gmail.com if you are willing to share.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I, too, would like am to buy a pattern. Sheriadamson.26@gmail.con

    ReplyDelete