“I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way--things I had no words for.”

~ Georgia O'Keeffe

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Darjeeling Tablerunner

I just recently finished and shipped a custom tablerunner using the new Darjeeling fabrics in the Jade palette. This is a rather large tablerunner as my client wanted to cover up a few water marks on her vintage table. The finished tablerunner was to measure 56" x 21", but it actually measures a bit longer...bonus! I usually like to create my tablerunners to be reversible so with an easy "flip" you have a fresh clean runner. This one is no exception. The fabrics are quite green, more than I wanted for the main side of the runner. I decided to blend in a few other fabrics to bring in more beige and soft blue (Joel Dewberry Modern Meadow and Ginseng...look closely). I also used Kona Tan for the sashing. On the "flip" side I allowed the bright greens to shine by sashing with Kona Tarragon and using larger swatches of the brighter fabrics. Bound with a blue/green stripey fabric by Debbie Mumm. Quilted in my favorite wavey design.





No comments:

Post a Comment