“I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way--things I had no words for.”

~ Georgia O'Keeffe

Monday, October 25, 2010

The Fairy Tip-Toes Quilt

The Fairy Tip-Toes Quilt, sophisticated yet whimsical. Created with Fairy Tip-Toes fabric in chocolate by Tina Givens, a unique adaptation of the traditional quilt panel. Fairies dance and fly around along with cupcakes, baby chicks, spotted beetles, flowers and chandeliers. Bound with dark brown dotted fabric to frame the eclectic quilt design. Backed with wide strips of more Tina Givens fabric in brown and purple. Batting is 100% Warm and White. Machine quilted around each of the blocks and ovals within the panel. Washed with mild soap and tumbled dry for that crinkly soft touch. Measures 42" x 34.5". A generous snuggle sized quilt for the crib, couch or carry along! In the shop.

2 comments:

  1. I looove this quilt! I love the colors and the fabrics. Great job! You do such beautiful work Nina. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful fabric and colors. No wonder you picked this fabric. My guess is that it won't be in the shop for long!

    ReplyDelete