“I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way--things I had no words for.”

~ Georgia O'Keeffe

Friday, August 13, 2010

Fun in Gold Country!


My 17 year old daughter, Eliza, and I took a mini vacation to Gold Country this week. We stayed at a lodge in Angels Camp and spent one day in Sonora shopping and thrifting. We had dinner in Murphys, the most adorable little town you ever did see. The next day we headed into Colombia to lunch at Kate's Teahouse. What a wonderful place this is! We nibbled on delicious assorted tea sandwiches, fresh fruit, fresh pea soup, yummy lemon bars and cheesecake. We drank peach iced tea, enjoyed the bureau full of buttons and relaxed on the screened back porch before our long ride home. It was a wonderful way to end the summer before Eliza starts her senior year in high school. I'm just not ready for summer to end.

No comments:

Post a Comment