“I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way--things I had no words for.”

~ Georgia O'Keeffe

Friday, August 20, 2010

The Coco Framboise Handbag




This is a brand new design for me! I wanted to create a simple handbag that was not too small and not too big. Most of my designs have been large totes so I have now expanded into sassy handbags. I eventually would like to start creating the patterns of my designs, but that will take some time. I love this Tree Top Fancy fabric and have been hanging onto it for a while trying to figure out what to make with it. I think this handbag was the perfect choice. The colors remind me of a chocolate raspberry truffle so I'm giving it a little french twist and call it the Coco Framboise Handbag, oh la la!!

4 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful purse. I love the design!
    :)
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is adorable! I love Tina's fabrics too. And I love your new blog design! Maybe it's not that new, but new to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute bag! I've started seeing this style online...is it called a "buttercup" style? I have just started to make totes and purses..(a whooping TWO so far) just for myself and friends. Is it hard to put in those magnetic snaps? Do you get them at the fabric store? I have TONS to learn and I'm not that great of a seamstress but I'll keep plugging along. :)
    I grew up in Santa Rosa! Sure is a nice (used to be small) town.
    xox
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete