“I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way--things I had no words for.”

~ Georgia O'Keeffe

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Lipstick tells all

Blooming colors!
Well, the sun is shining and things are looking brighter! I have recently adjusted my work week down to part time and it has made all the difference. I can breath again! I now have more time to do "Nina things". The family was most certainly getting the short end of the stick these past few months, but so were my nails, hair, clothes and attitude. I'm spending more quality time with the family and took a trip to the beauty parlor, which brings us to the attitude. Someone once told me that he could tell my mood by the color of my lipstick. If I was wearing red, I was having a good day, pink meant things were just ok, and if I was wearing no lipstick (gasp) then I was best left alone. Well, the past year I have been going sans lipstick...that's right, best left alone! Since cutting back my work schedule I'm making an effort towards my appearance and wearing lipstick (a nice shade of plum)...such a breath of fresh air! Plus, I'm getting excited for the upcoming local weekly street fair. I will be a vendor selling pretty things to all the pretty people! Here's a little sneaky peek at some things I'm working on. Well, I'll be back with more peeks and projects and hopefully a few yummy recipes...summertime is almost here, I am sooo ready, man!!!
Super Groovy Batik Tote
Small Totes


Quilt Top

No comments:

Post a Comment