“I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way--things I had no words for.”

~ Georgia O'Keeffe

Thursday, March 25, 2010

One Good Man

March 25, 2000

10 years ago I married One Good Man. He came into my life just in time. He saved me and gave me back the hope that had been lost. The year was 1998. We met in September, he purposed in October, we "shacked up" in November and married in March of 2000. We blended our families "Brady Bunch Style" and move forward. It hasn't been easy at times. We have experienced all of the typical teenage drama, angst, rebellion, turmoil, hooplah, brouhaha...the whole shebang! But, we also have so many wonderful memories to think back on! Summer vacations, family holidays, birthdays, recitals, graduations, grandbabies! In our house "Family" is a big deal, as it should be. I love my family, I am a very lucky gal, indeed. Thanks to One Good Man.

An' I don't want much outa life,
I never wanted a mansion in the south.
I just-a want to find someone sincere
Who'd treat me like he talks,
One Good Man
Oh, honey don't you know that I've been looking.
It ain't much, no, no, honey it ain't much,
Oh, it's only every little thing,
Just-a everything, everything
Ah yeah.

-Janis Joplin

No comments:

Post a Comment