“I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way--things I had no words for.”

~ Georgia O'Keeffe

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Life is a Process

A Woman in a Room, Pierre Bonnard, 1925

Two Friends, Pierre Bonnard

I am in awe and amazement at the inspiring creativity, absolute desire and clear purpose of the other crafty bloggers I have stumbled upon in my crafty blog travels. I am such a newbie that I have yet to join any blog circles, but I am putting my toe in the water bit by bit. My blog list (on the left) is just a portion of the blogs that give me pure joy. I discover lovely new blogs every day and will add to my list from time to time. I encourage you to go ahead, click on some of the links and take a journey into crafty blog-land. Once I entered I realized that these women (and man: Quilt Dad) were doing what I had only dreamed about. They had the courage to chronicle their dreams, thoughts, passions. Journaling their day to day happenings, their appreciation for the simplest of things that bring them pure joy! Hand knitted socks for a young child, a hand made quilt fresh from the dryer, a basket of harvested vegetables from the backyard garden, or just having the time, the space, the ability to create what is in your heart and soul. I had always thought I was just a quirky hippie-chick, born in the wrong generation. I wondered why a counter of freshly canned tomatoes glowing in the sunlight or picnicking atop a handmade quilt with my baby daughter while singing songs could bring me to tears. What was wrong with me? I finally have the answer....NOTHING, I'm just a quirky hippie-chick who has finally found her calling amongst others who have found theirs.

"The personal life deeply lived always expands into truths beyond itself." - Anias Nin

Nina - The Durutti Column / Keep Breathing


No comments:

Post a Comment